The sixteenth season of Sims' Next Top Model premiered on October 1, 2017, roughly a month after the finale of cycle 15. This season, in contrast to many of the previous seasons, focuses on finding a model who does not necessarily fit the mold of a fashion model. For example, doors were opened up for girls who were too short, too tall, as well as too old according to most, in order to challenge beauty ideals.
This season is based in France, making it the second season not to take place in the United States, the first being cycle 10 which was based in Australia.
The prizes his season are:
- A cover and spread in Vogue Paris.
- A cover and spread in ELLE France.
- An international Maybelline New York campaign.
- A modelling contract with NU女 Models.
- A modelling contract with Platinum Models.
- A cash prize worth € 80,000.
Changes and twistsEdit
After the success of cycle 15, not many changes were made to this season. SaintPita alumna Yachana Vazirani, male model, photographer and host of brother show Sims' Next Top Male Model Maicle Gambardella and RED Models Manager Sin Il Hong all returned as permanent judges. Platinum Models manager Tia Kipps and NU Models manager Yu Xiao Gui are to make several appearances.
- Top Model of the Week: Each week, starting the third week, a poll is opened following the weekly photo shoot in which the viewers get to vote for their favourite photo. Whoever receives the most votes wins immunity that week.
- Two premieres: This season had two premieres, each introducing one half of the cast in different French cities. Despite there only being six girls in each half, the premieres followed a regular format.
- World Tour: Brought back from cycles 9 and 12 is the World Tour format in which the contestants travel frequently to new locations all over the world. However, unlike those seasons, in this, the girls are to return to Paris following most destinations, and will not travel every single episode like in cycle 12.
Photo shoot guideEdit
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Autumn wear
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Spring wear